Smartobject Data Migration

• 5 November 2014
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Hello All,

I have to transfer the data from one environment to other. To be precise data resididing in Smart Object in one environment to Smart Object in other environment. I was thinking to build a process but in process you can only load one environment at a time. Any suggestions or guidelines will be appreciated.

Thanks,

2 replies

Badge +5

I am a bit curious about this. Technically there is no data residing IN the Smart Object. The Smart Object is just connected to some source of data, (SQL, AD etc) so to make that data appear in a new Smart Object, you can just make the new SO and then hook it up to all the various data sources you need.

Perhaps I did not correctly understand the problem and what your actual question is?

Badge +5

If you want to transfer one set of SmartObjects to from one enviroment to another you can use the Package and Deployment tool to transfer the Smartobjects. 

Here is a link detailing the Package and Deployment tool:

http://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2blackpearl/PackageandDeployment/4.6.8/default.htm#K2_Package_and_Deployment.html%3FTocPath%3DPackage%20and%20Deployment%7C_____0

Just ensure that you include the relevent service instance within the package so that the SmartObjects will deploy within the new enviroment.

Regards