cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TobiasB
Nintex Newbie

Error when using multiple conditions

Hi together,

 

I have a problem in Nintex Workflows 2013 when I use "Set condition" action with more than one condition.

 

Config Action -> Set condition

workflow designer error 1.png

Condition 1: If the current item field "department" equals the value "IT"

OR

Condition 2: If the current item field "department" equals the value "Projectmanagement"

 

The error in the Workflow Designer (Something went wrong ...)


workflow designer error 2.png

 

The following error appears in the SharePoint ULS Logfiles:

 

Application error when access /_layouts/15/nintexworkflow/ActivityServer.ashx, Error = The specified type is abstract: Name = 'ConditionConfig', Namespace = '', at <Left xmlns = ''>. at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderNWActionConfig.Read39_ConditionConfig (Boolean isNullable, Boolean check type) at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderNWActionConfig.Read36_ConditionPair (Boolean isNullable, Boolean check type) at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderNWActionConfig.Read39_ConditionConfig At Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderNWActionConfig.Read62_NWActionConfig (Boolean isNullable, Boolean checkType) at Microsoft.Xml.Serialization.GeneratedAssembly.XmlSerializationReaderNWActionConfig.Read63_NWActionConfig ()

 

It doesn't matter what values I use, each action with multiple condition is broken.

 

Is there any solution for this problem?

 

Thanks for your help guys!

Labels: (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Reply
9 Replies
rameshmusham
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

I think it's a bug in the nintex environment, i too have the same issue. I tried to have mutliple conditions within a loop and it beaks out. I had a meeting with Nintex support and they said that the loop does'nt allow multiple conditions in it. Then i have tried with set condition and run if  with multiple conditions, one of the conditions is gone missing when i save the action it shows only one condition in it.

0 Kudos
Reply
TobiasB
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

Okay, but have you tried to test multiple condition outside of a loop?

 

I will also open a ticket with Nintex Support.

0 Kudos
Reply
rameshmusham
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

May i know which browser you are using.

0 Kudos
Reply
TobiasB
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

@rameshmusham tried in IE11, Chrome and Edge

0 Kudos
Reply
rameshmusham
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

Can you try Firefox, mine is working in firefox.

0 Kudos
Reply
skocos
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

I also ran into this for the first time today. What version of WF are you on? We are on 4.4.0.0

0 Kudos
Reply
skocos
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

Also we're on SP/Nintex 2016
0 Kudos
Reply
MegaJerk
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

I too am having this same problem in Version 4.3.3.0 for SharePoint 2016... 

Digging into the javascript it seems that there is some type of posting error that happens and the activityXmlString returned to the RenderActivity() funciton is just the erorr page... so the funciton basically just stops dead in its track. 

 

Anyone from Nintex looking into this?

 

Update: This is ALSO happening for multiple Conditions in the Run If action! The only way aorund this is to build out multiple and tedious amounts of single condition Run Ifs / Set Conditions to create Boolean (Yes/No) values that you can use afterwards!

0 Kudos
Reply
MegaJerk
Nintex Newbie

Re: Error when using multiple conditions

I have opened a support ticket about this and the rep asked if it works just fine in FireFox and IE. For me, it does indeed work in both FireFox and IE, but will always fail in Chrome. 

I believe that i have discovered the problem coming down to the way that Chrome has started to handle the xml output on XML Document Node. It strips any attribute prefixes of attributes that were added using the createAttribute function (and then later appended to the node), while FF (and seemingly IE) do not. 

Because of this, whatever is pasrsing the blob of xml is probably failing to find certain attributes because they are malformed when passed in Chrome vs. FF/IE. Extracting identical XML output from FireFox, and using it inplace of the malformed XML in Chrome results in Chrome working correctly. 

I am bringing this to the attention of Support and hopefully they can figure out a workaround. 

 

0 Kudos
Reply