K2 for SharePoint Registration Wizard failed due to autodiscover results.

• 26 October 2015
  • 4 replies

Badge +10

After several attempts to install BlackPearl for SharePoint finally got successful. seems like one of the steps where the documentation state to copy the binaries to the SharePoint Server and run the AppDeployment.exe. did not quite worked the way was expected. we ended running this from the main folder without the extract.

However now that we finally got the binaries installed. having a problem with the K2 For SharePoint Registration Wizard return an error where "A SmartForms designer site could not be found in the autodiscover results." this seems kind of strange since all the pre-check of the site originally worked fine.

I wonder if somebody have some ideas for the troubleshooting and workaround of this particular issue?

4 replies

Badge +9

Does the smartforms designer site exist in IIS?

Badge +10

Yes all the Smartforms work perfect on the K2 Blackpearl and is accessible all the components

http(s)://blackpearl/workspace

http(s)://blackpearl/designer

http(s)://blackpearl/runtime

Actually we just find something really interesting, from all the accounts used within the installation of K2 and Sharepoint. Only the account used for K2install_dev has the permissions from Sharepoint to run the Autodiscover. going to the Sharepoint Page and click on the K2 Sharepiont Registration return the correct Settings. [ This also turn out to be truth for the K2 Service Account.

I wonder why is k2admin_dev  not able to have the same permissions of run the Autodiscover directly from the K2 Server. 

Verify all the Sharepoint Farm Accounts and Including K2admin has permissions as Site Collection Administrators, however the default installation account K2install_dev or K2svice_dev does not. which make us think is something within the installation that permissions got setup for those two accounts and only allow them to see the K2 Sharepoint Registration Autodiscover from Sharepoint.

Does somebody know where could we check those permissions for grant permissions within K2 to the accounts [ Sharepoint Site Collection Administrators ] to be able to run the Sharepoint Registration Wizard successfully ???

THX Dino.

Badge +7

Have you taken a look at this document regarding  

K2 for SharePoint Required Permissions

What version of blackpearl and sharepoint are you running?

This one is for K2 for Sharepoint 2013 and blackpearl 4.6.11, there is an On Prem and On Line Version. 

I hope that helps, if not, please provide more details. 

Thanks

Badge +10

Beware seems like only HTTP or HTTPS can be referenced. we reconfigure everything to HTTP only leaving the complexity of SSL out of the picture, and after reconfigure Workspace, Forms and Sharepoint. making sure all the configuration was correct. We got successfully able to link without any other issues.

I'm not sure if when switching to SSL we could have both environments working at the same time, but if not we need to reconfigure everything to use SSL.

Dino.