K2 Studio Deployed workflow missing data

• 29 November 2012
  • 1 reply

Badge +2

Interesting scenario - I've installed K2 blackpearl and SharePoint.

I created a workflow in K2 Studio that is triggered from an item being added to a SharePoint list. The workflow triggers perfectly, but it does not seem to have access to the SharePoint item data that triggered it. I did add an XML field where this data should be filled in on process start. The workflow has one step - it sends an email with some of that data to the originator. The email does get sent and I can see all process related fields, but fields that should have SharePoint data are blank. I've tried this on two different lists and the same thing happens.

What makes things interesting is that I recreated this simple workflow in another list using the K2 Designer for SharePoint. That workflow works perfectly, the email does contain the expected data.

I've tried to look through logs to see if there is anything indicative. The only error that I see, and I am sure it is related - right when the process is triggered, this error shows up in the event log:

- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">

- <System>

<Provider Name="K2 SharePoint Events Integration" /> 

<EventID Qualifiers="0">0</EventID> 

<Level>3</Level> 

<Task>0</Task> 

<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords> 

<TimeCreated SystemTime="2012-11-29T15:26:55.000000000Z" /> 

<EventRecordID>9922</EventRecordID> 

<Channel>Application</Channel> 

<Computer>everest.everestsw.co</Computer> 

<Security /> 

</System>

- <EventData>

<Data>Data Field XML Exception triggered. XML contained invalid character(s): Data at the root level is invalid. Line 1, position 1.</Data> 

</EventData>

</Event>

1 reply

Badge +2

For all those days, weeks or months from now that see this:

I've since found out that this is a bug and a new SharePoint DLL is required. Contact support and they can get it to you.