I using Nintex Forms & Workflows for Office 365 on web. I have created a Approval Process List by Nintex Forms & Workflows. Description for my purpose: when the users create a new item on the List, a new form will open for input information with two button "Save as Draft" and "Submit". After click "Submit" I want to lock the user cannot edit the current item. I have tried some tips & tutorials on Nintex Community but my Nintex Workflows have just "Office 365 update item permissions" and do not have "Set Permission" or anything else. And I get stuck at "Office 365 update item permissions". Please view my workflow image below.
Office 365 update item permissions
I insert "Send an email" to the final step to get the Item_ID_Link_Output & Item_Link_Ouput to test and make sure the workflow is working success, if it have something wrong or stuck, I will not receive the email. The Office 365 update item permissions is not working, user still can edit the item after "Submit". Please help me for this case. Thanks
Solved! Go to Solution.
I have found the solution to solve this, create two list, the first list for create form and set edit permission, the second form store copy item and set permission view only. I have tried "Office 365 update item permissions" but no hope. It was not working, nothing happen.
try two things:
I followed your steps and it was working.
- First I created a variable to get "Created by" strings
- Second I created "Extract Substring from Index of String" to get correct email address string type (firstname.lastname@example.org) and store in "Address" variable.
- Final I insert "Address" variable to "User or group name" of "Office 365 update item permissions" and it was perfectly.
Thanks for your help.
May I ask you a question, why after I use "Office 365 Set Item Permission" to set permission "read" for user on an Item, I cannot use "Office 365 update items" to change a field value on that item ? if I do not set permission, the "Office 365 update Items" is working. I miss something or something wrong ? My workflow diagram is :
- Step 1 : After user create and submit an item on the List > Office 365 Set Item Permissions change user permission to "Read" only and cannot Edit or Delete.
- Step 3: Build dictionary and loop check to get attachment links.
- Step 4 : Assign a Task for a user to get Approval.
* If Approved > use "Office 365 update items" to change a "Status" field to "Approved".
* If Rejected > use "Office 365 update items" to change a "Status" field to "Rejected".
Please give me some advise, thanks Tomasz.
This is because after you set read permissions to the item, for the user in whom context workflow is running, it is loosing permissions to update the item, as it can only read it.
Either set permissions at the end of workflow or execute the actions after changing permissions in an action step with elevated permissions.