Resolve "This content cannot be displayed in a frame" error for Nintex Forms for Office 365

Userlevel 4
Badge +8

Recently, I came across an error using Nintex Forms for Office 365. Fortunately the error was isolated to a specific scenario and turned out to have a pretty simple solution as well.

The Scenario...

1. Using Nintex Forms on Office 365 to customize the form on a document library (not a regular list)
  2. Using the library's Upload link to select a local file that you wish to upload into SharePoint (problem did not occur when clicking Edit Properties or View Properties on an existing document)
  3. Using Internet Explorer v11 (problem did not occur with IE10 or Chrome in my testing)

Upload.png

The Problem...

In the scenario above, I was expecting to have my Nintex Form displayed in a dialog just as SharePoint normally displays the standard Edit Form.  Instead, I was greeted with this error message:

This content cannot be displayed in a frame

ErrorMsg.png

The Solution...

After some trial and error, we found a simple solution.  Simply add the following domains to IE's Trusted Sites list:

*.office.com

*.microsoftonline.com

After editing my trusted sites in IE11, and retesting the library's Upload link, it properly rendered my Nintex Form.

Nintex Form.png

Of course, rather than doing this manually on each user's PC, I'd recommend using a global policy in Active Directory to add these domains to all users automatically.

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +10

Good stuff, thanks for the post Tom!

Userlevel 5
Badge +12

Nice contribution!

Badge +2

I am getting this with the Page Viewer control.

Badge +2

Did you figure this out?

Badge +9

Nice post, certainly one that will cause frustration until we understand what is happening.