OpenWorkList regardless of user

Badge +1

Hello all,

I am hoping that somebody could help me with a problem I am having.  I have a web service that will create a new process instance using the CreateProcessInstance method as long as an item for that folio does not already exist.  Given this, the first thing I do is to open a connection to the K2 worklist and retrieve any items from the worklist using a filter for the ProcessFolio and a specific value passed into the web service.  If no items are returned, I will then insert a new process instance, otherwise I will exit out of the method without inserting a new (duplicate) record.

I've noticed that with the Connection.Open method you can either specify a user or not as you choose but whatever data is pulled is specific to the user that opened the connection.  I want to be able to use the OpenWorklist method to retrieve data for all users and not just the user that opened the connection.  Is this possible? Please let me know if you have any suggestions or would like me to clarify anything. 

Many thanks,

Steve

2 replies

Badge +13

You might have design issues if you need to care about if your primary key could be duplicated.

What are you using for your folio?   Can you use an identity key or Oracle sequence to give you some kind of unique guaranteed ID? 

Badge +1

Thank you for the replies.  Using the K2MNG methods worked out quite well.