Solved

RPA - last processing date

• 14 May 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +4

A vendor sends us files daily, Monday through Friday, for processing.  We have an automation that processes the file and runs it through our systems.  Until it is fully implemented we have  to manually change the ‘current date’ in that automation to the last processing date.  Is there a way to have the system set the date to the last processing date when the file processed on Monday should use Friday’s date,  and Tuesday through Friday’s files will have the previous date (unless there is a holiday)?

icon

Best answer by bsikes 15 May 2024, 20:52

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

I’m not sure if there’s an obvious way to do this with any date related RPA actions, but you could certainly do it with a script that Nintex could execute. I’m sure about any of the available scripting languages that Nintex RPA can execute, could probably calculate the required date and output it to a Nintex RPA variable to be used in the automation. 

Badge +4

That’s a great idea!  I didn’t know they would do scripting for their clients.  Thanks so much!

Userlevel 4
Badge +10

@CherylH  To clear up any confusion, I’m not saying that Nintex the company would create/run a script for you, but that you could create a script to calculate the date, and have Nintex RPA run the script. 

Badge +4

Oh, I see.  Thank you.