Solved

Wait time vs Total time

• 10 December 2021
  • 4 replies

Badge +3

In Promapp, Edit > Timeframes section, we see the options for "Active time" and "Total time".
Active time = The time is taken to complete the activity.

Total time =  The total time from the current activity starting to when the next activity starts.

In Promapp Help Centre documentation, it is mentioned as "Wait time" (on the upper-right corner of your screen, Help > Help Centre > Process Timeframes).

Is wait time = total time? If not, what is the difference? We don't see the option for wait time in the UI.

Also, when you add active time, is it necessary to add the total time as well?

Should the Help Centre documentation be updated? Please refer to the attached screenshots for your reference.

icon

Best answer by EddieThomas 15 December 2021, 21:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Most instances have a 'wait time' configured alongside 'Active Time'. There are some options around this which mean it might be labelled something else...
In summary Active Time + Wait Time = Total Time.
Badge +3

Hi @EddieThomas,

Thanks for your reply. Somehow, I am not convinced with Active Time + Wait Time = Total Time.

With reference to the Promapp Help Centre Documentation, the definition given for the Wait Time is exactly the same as the definition for Total Time in the Promapp UI. 

Please find below the screenshots for your ready reference.

Please let me know your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

Userlevel 1

Regardless of what the doco states, everywhere in every way - regardless of the tool used - total time is as Eddie stated, active time + wait time

Userlevel 2
Badge +6
Couple of things.
The definition in the documentation suggests it can be either the time between 'active' time or the active time plus the wait time of each activity. I agree this is confusing! Usually it is the time between the active parts, i.e. waiting, so that when it is added to the active time you have the total lapsed time for the process.

The absence of 'waiting time' in your instance of promapp is different to mine and I think it may be due to a configuration setting.

To compound the issue, 'wait time' can be renamed in Promapp to whatever the promapper wants, I'm not sure what the reason for this is, in my opinion it only adds more potential for confusion when it's already very ambiguous!
Hth?