Solved

Aren't Document uploaders automatically an Owner of the document?

• 3 December 2021
  • 3 replies

Badge +2

I can't tell if this is expected behavior or not in Promapp Documents. One of my users had uploaded documents. But when they go to delete them, they are unable to. I would have thought that the original uploader would be an owner on the document and have the right to archive/delete. Am I mistaken? 

icon

Best answer by Catherine 7 December 2021, 05:39

View original

3 replies

Badge +3

Hi Staciakato,

Per Promapp, not everyone who adds a document to a process is automatically assigned as a document owner. You may want to reach out to your Promaster.
Only the Promaster/Document Owner can archive or delete the document.

Thanks.

Badge +3
Forgot to mention that the document can only be archived/deleted if it is not associated with any of the processes. If it is associated/attached to a process, you need to reach out to the Process Owner/Promaster to suggest a change.

I think it would depend on the process and document group structure for your organisation within Nintex Promapp.

Currently Promapp document ownership is group based - meaning if I have a document group called "Work Health & Safety" and the default owner of that group is Joe Doe, when a user uploads a document into that group the owner would become Joe Doe regardless of the up loader. 

The way that document ownership works is quite different to process ownership (document is based on the group and it's quite difficult to have unique ownership per document, compared to process ownership where you can have a Process owner and a process expert, and additional approvers).