How to use advanced commands to upload files from PC to a web page in chrome?

• 6 October 2020
  • 2 replies

In this page there is a button to upload files. I can click on the button with the click on HTML object. Then a window, explorer-like, opens for me to browse for the files, and I need to go the relevant folder, select files, and finally click open button to upload the selected files. I have a list with the files I want to upload. I am pretty sure many people dealt with this.

2 replies

Hi Alvaro,

There isn't a specialized advanced command to do what you require. In order to upload files you need to record the "open" file dialog, navigate and select the file(s) you want to upload then click the "open" button.

You can speed up the process by making use of the various shortcuts available to you in that window. For example, typing in the full path to the file in the "file name" field will allow you to avoid navigating using icons. You can also use our UI Automation commands to click on various fields and buttons and is much quicker than using visual recordings. This way it's possible to rapidly select and upload your file in 1-2 seconds, and this is how it is done at our other customers.

Regards,

Darren

Thanks a lot Darren. Using keyboard shortcuts, together with some input text commands made it. Visual recording just to be in the right web page. The shortcuts are the same available in windows explorer.