Question

Unable to import .xml form in new Nintex designer

• 23 February 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +2

Hello, I have exported a form from Nintex 2016 and saved it as .xml

Now i am trying to import this form in the new Nintex designer but unable to do so.It allows me to select the file but nothing is getting imported.

Pls suggest if there is a workaround

5 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Just for clarification, which forms designer (Classic or Responsive) are you importing from?  Also, which forms designer (Classic or Responsive) are you importing the XML file into?

Badge +2

Hello, i am importing classic form.I tried importing into both classic and responsive but both the options do not work

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

You are only able to export and import a Classic form into a Classic form (and New Responsive to New Responsive. You can not export and import a Classic form into the New Responsive designer (and vice versa).

I’m assuming you’re going from a Nintex 2016 to Nintex 2016 environment? Are you exporting and importing from a list to list or library to library?  Have you tried exporting and importing into a test empty list/library?

Badge +2

Hi, I am trying to import from classic to classic .From 2016 version to newer version but in classic view. It’s a plain .xml file which i have originally exported from 2016 version.

Hope this answers your question

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

So exporting from 2016 and importing into 2019?