Solved

Issue with form submit button redirect

• 15 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Badge +1

Using Nintex forms 2019 on SharePoint 2019. I have a custom list with a form I built in NINTEX. On my save and submit button, I have added a redirect under Advanced at the bottom.

For some reason, the URL keeps getting %0A appended to the end. I have cleared out the field and tried everything I can, but it still adds these three characters to the end of the URL resulting in a 404 error when the user gets redirected after submitting the form. I’ve also ensured there is no New Line character of any sort on the end of the URL.

I think it could be added from Notepad which is what I used to format the URL first ??

Any ideas?

icon

Best answer by J3nnY 15 February 2024, 20:40

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Which forms designer are you using (responsive or classic)?

Is redirect URL in the form button configuration field typed directly in (hardcoded) or are you using the Insert Reference option with “Dynamic text to insert”?

Badge +1

Yep, sorry. Using classic. I’m posting from notepad to make sure it is formatting properly but I’m going to go do it in notepad ++ so I can see special characters that way I can make sure it is not adding a carriage return. I guess I could type in directly, but it is long, and I suck at typing!

Badge +1

I had to delete the button and recreate it. Now the redirect is working. Not sure where that carriage return was coming from. I did select all and delete in the URL field before pasting.

Thanks for the replies.

Userlevel 5
Badge +13

Glad you got it figured out. Thanks for sharing what worked.