Skip to main content

Ali G would be beside himself, if he knew what he could do with Nintex Mobile now. Booyakasha!

ali-g.jpgAnd it is with great excitement I announce MASI (or Multi Account Sign In) support..

"Wat iz dis ?" you ask, well to put it plainly it means you can login to Nintex Mobile now and create your profile as mentioned here Nintex Mobile introduces Profiles, and adds Forms Based Authentication support​, and associate multiple logins under the 1 profile. Where this will come in super handy is when you have On-premise and O365 deployments and you want to be able to show forms in Nintex Mobile from both environments. Also for the admins, it means you can have your test account logged in and your prod account logged in, so you don't have to log in and out of the different environments when doing testing..

The experience begins with the user entering an email address and selecting “Next”. This begins the profile creation experience.

185963_pastedImage_1.png

The user then selects the type of account they wish to add to their profile.

185965_pastedImage_12.png

Once the correct credentials have been entered the user is told that their profile is now ready to use. Up until now this sign on experience is very similar to the single account profile release made in April. However, now the user may add another account.

185966_pastedImage_26.png

Selecting to add another account begins the process again.

You might notice that we do not provide “Microsoft Account” as an option the second time around.  This is because a Microsoft account already provides account aggregation so it should be used for combining accounts by itself. Just remember, Microsoft accounts work by themselves.

185967_pastedImage_33.png

Inside the settings section the user can see all of the accounts they have added. Each account has its own colour assigned to it. The user may also add further accounts, with a maximum of 5 accounts in total. This section was reached by selecting the “cog” icon, but in previous releases this took you to general app settings.  Now those settings are available from a menu item here.

185968_pastedImage_40.png

And that is about as difficult as it gets..  Soon I'll post about how this also works in Nintex Mobile Enterprise.. So until next time, post any questions you have below and enjoy happy.png

I almost forgot.. This has been rolled out for Android and iOS, so if it's come through yet it will be with you soon. For those on Windows Phone or Desktop App, this feature will be rolled out soon.

Respek

wld_alig07.jpg

Nice feature you describe here :-)

I can create the additional accounts without problems, but am unable to select and use the specific account. Touching the account on the screen with the colored boxes just takes me to another screen where I can change the name and credentials and url ("Account Details screen").

How is the actual selection/activation of a given account supposed to work?

I am on Android and running v4.1 of Mobil Apps.

Regards

Leif

how is it with pre-populating authentication information with newest sign-in/profile based method?

former links like

nintexmobile://?authtype=sharepoint&domain=XYZ&username=XYZ&url=https%3a%2f%2fXYZ.COM

do not work anymore, I always do get error message 'Unfortunately, Nintex Mobile has stopped'.

I'm not sure whether it's intended or a bug.

so, should/will it that work? have you introduced new tokens?

I've tested with nintex mobile 4.1

it would be perfect if whole profile could be created/updated through deep links...

This is a nice addition to Nintex Mobile but some extra usefulness can be added imo. Let me explain this.

In the article, it was mentioned that you could have an account for a test environment and an account for an production environment, all within one profile. Great. But this leaves me with 2 forms with the exact same name because of obvious reasons  Wouldn't it be nicer if Nintex Mobile could filter forms based on account?

Hi Marian Hatala‌,

Please check the following post: https://community.nintex.com/community/tech-blog/blog/2015/05/28/launch-nintex-mobile-from-a-hyperlink-and-pre-populate-authentication-fields

It is deprecated.

Cheers,

Rick

very late to the party on this one.. What I like to do in this situation is disable the test environment when I'm not using it, and vice versa... This can be done in the Account settings area.

You can also colour code your environments

Then it looks a little like this