Skip to main content
User Spotlight

User Spotlight: Jonathan Butler

• 31 May 2024
  • 0 replies

In this month’s user spotlight blog, we’re talking to Jonathan Butler (butlerj), Group Product Manager at Nintex.

Jonathan Butler

What is your current role, how long have you worked at Nintex, and your career background?

My current role is Group Product Manager. I manage a team of Product Managers, and we oversee the Nintex Process Manager product. I've been at Nintex coming up on 8.5 years, and my career has mostly been with Nintex! I started at another software company 9.5 years ago out of university and then moved to Nintex after working there for a year in the IT department. I started at Nintex as a service engineer in the Support team and have bounced everywhere since then, ultimately ending up in the product group.

Which Nintex Product are you most passionate about and why?

While I think all the Nintex products are great, I have to say the one I'm most passionate about right now is Process Manager (though I'm a little biased as I help run it 😅). I'm a huge believer in documentation and process management. And guess what? Process Manager does just that! It makes it really easy for teams to quickly document and manage their processes to ultimately find ways to improve their processes and how they do their work.

What do you enjoy most about answering Community questions?

I love seeing how different customers are leveraging our products and the various different use cases that they're using Nintex for. Through our Community engagement, we as product managers also better understand how our customers are actually using different parts of the product from a real-world on-the-ground perspective. This is super helpful when looking at what parts of the product to enhance with the limited time and resources we have at our disposal.

Is there any advice you would give to users learning Nintex?

Make sure you've gone through the Nintex University content. There are some fantastic courses in there that can help set up a good foundation to continue the Nintex journey. Beyond that, I've found that the best teacher is doing. Find a side project or look at what others are trying to achieve on the Community and see if you can come up with a workable solution.

What's one thing — either industry-related or not — you learned in the last month?

While I may not have learned this in the last month, I saw validation of the idea that generative AI isn't the solution for everything. In the last couple of weeks, we saw several occurrences where Google had to scramble to manually remove some generative AI search results that were factually incorrect and misleading to users trying to use their search feature to find answers to questions. We've now seen Google provide the option to fully remove generative results from search if desired (which I have already done). AI (generative or otherwise) is a fantastic technology. Still, we have to make sure that we're applying it appropriately so that it solves real user needs instead of just slapping it everywhere for marketing purposes.

What's something about you (a fun fact) that not many people know?

I used to sing opera in college. 😅

0 replies

Be the first to reply!