Skip to main content

In a bit of an "I have a pen, I have an apple... applepen" moment, I thought what if I combine two awesome blogs - 

Warwick Ward‌ Mission Accomplished blog Mission Control - External Start with just jQuery, REST and HTML  and Dan Stoll‌ Nintex App Studio for the win  on Custom Content for Nintex App Studio apps.

I'm still thinking of applications for this but the buttons could correspond to various static assets or locations such as rooms or machinery that are subject to some sort of point in time vetting / issue raise. I just wanted to see if it would work tbh!

Warwick has explained the External Start concept in Nintex Workflow Cloud perfectly so I won't burn my tyres rehashing that here, but all I did was add a few more options with a send email just for testing. 

203479_pastedImage_3.png

Each email is going to go to a different person in our AusNZ Sales team just so I could spam them during testing.

I then tweaked Warwicks HTML (attached) ever so slightly to include 2 new button click values in addition to his two and added some styles Dan had kindly put in his yoga example. Dan Stoll‌ and yoga. Now that I'd pay to see.

Added my buttons.html file into App Studio Content as the top level of the navigation like so - 

203495_pastedImage_4.png

And once App Studio does the build and I've got my app on the device I've got One Click Workflow starts on the app

203496_pastedImage_5.png

Clicking a name emails that person. Simples. Obviously your workflow branches would be different but as we discuss concepts of deep linking and QR codes with customers, it's nice to know there are other ways to save you filling in a repetitive form where it's not necessarily required.

Great post ‌ great to see solutions adapted, extended and combined