K2 connect Update (4.10060.1.700)
K2 connect with Update KB000700 updates all current K2 connect installations from version 4.10060.1.0 onwards with the latest product hotfixes, as detailed below.
|Note: The installer will update K2 connect 32-bit and 64-bit installations|
The following items have been resolved and can be corrected by installing this update:
- When specifying an alternative name for an existing SmartObject an error stating "special characters are not allowed" is displayed when underscores are used in the name.
- Previously, it was not possible to set a remote server as the default in the K2 Service Object Browser if the remote server was added using a FQDN.
- When a SAP installation does not have a certain package installed it causes the BOR tree browser to fail.
- When starting and stopping the K2 connect service via the Admin Console, a timeout error occurs. However, starting and stopping the K2 connect service via the services console functioned correctly. The issue occurs if the number of service objects are large and the machine is slow, then the allocated 15 second timeout is insufficient and the error message "K2 connect Server failed" is the result. The hotfix will address the timeout issue by using the ServiceTimeout setting in the registry. The default Service timeout is 15 seconds. The ServiceTimeout registry key can be located in the registry, on a 32-Bit server the location is HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARESourceCodeconnectConfiguration and on a 64-Bit server the location is Wow6432Node (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE).
- A description of the SAP BAPI browsed via the K2 connect Service Object Browser has been added and can be viewed as a tooltip when the mouse cursor passes over the respective BAPI.
- The full set of K2 connect product documentation is provided external to the installation to assist with the necessary information required to install K2 connect. For more information see the Documentation Resource section at the end of this KB article.
This update includes the hotfixes included in previous K2 4.5 Updates, so there is no need to also install the updates listed below. The following links are provided for reference to view the enhancements and resolved issues contained within the previous updates:
KB000691 - K2 connect Update KB000691
KB000674 - K2 connect Update KB000674
K2 connect Update (4.10060.1.700) is available as an independent installation package which can be found here: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2connect/Default.aspx .
The following are prerequisites to K2 connect Update (4.10060.1.700) and must be installed prior to installing this update:
- Full Installation: K2 blackpearl 4.5 (4.10060.1.0).
|Note: The full set of K2 connect product documentation is provided external to the installation to assist with the necessary information required to install K2 connect.|
- Help File download: http://portal.k2.com/downloads/k2connect/default.aspx
- Online Help: http://help.k2.com/en/connectforsap.aspx