The K2 Database Consolidation Tool is used to consolidate multiple K2 databases into a single database. Prior to K2 blackpearl 4.6, multiple databases on the same SQL instance were created during the installation of K2 blackpearl.
With clean installs of 4.6 and later, a single database is created. If previous versions are upgraded to 4.6 or later, the multiple databases are upgraded but not consolidated. This tool is used to consolidate the existing multiple K2 databases into a single K2 database.
- The tool must be run on the SQL server that currently contains the K2 product databases.
- The tool is compatible with K2 blackpearl and K2 smartforms versions per the following Release Compatibility table. The installed versions for K2 products can be found via Programs and Features in Control Panel.
- The tool should be run by a user with System Administration (sysadmin) rights on the SQL Server.
- The tool is compatible with the SQL Server versions supported by the K2 blackpearl version supported. For more information, please view the Compatibility Matrix: http://help.k2.com/en/blackpearlmatrix.aspx#SQLServer
- The tool requires free space on the SQL Server equal to (current size of all K2 databases + current size of all K2 databases SQL logs) x 2.
- The K2 connect database is not part of consolidation. Additionally, K2 connect will not require any re-configuration after you have consolidated a K2 database.
- If your K2 environment still uses multiple databases (also known as legacy databases), K2 recommends that you consolidate the databases in K2 4.6.11.
- A prerequisite for upgrading to K2 4.7 is that the K2 environment uses a single database. If your K2 environment still uses multiple databases, you will need to consolidate your database before you will be able to upgrade to K2 4.7.
- If consolidating after installing 4.6.11, the minimum version required is 18.104.22.168 (4.12060.1731.1). If you have already installed 4.6.11, you can use the K2 Update Manager 22.214.171.124 available on the K2 Partner and Customer Portal.
|Currently Installed |
K2 Product Version
|K2 Database Consolidation Tool Version|
|K2 Package and Deployment|
|K2 for SharePoint (2013)|
For additional information including how to install and steps to use the K2 Database Consolidation Tool, important considerations for large databases or multiple domain configurations, as well as how to reduce the size of your databases through archiving, please see the attached K2 Database Consolidation Tool white paper ( 14 pages).
Accessing the Tool
You can download the latest version of the K2 Database Consolidation tool on the Partner and Customer Portal at https://portal.k2.com/products/k2dbconsolidationtool. If you need a different version, contact K2 Support.