Installing Oracle 11g & 12g and configuring service objects in K2 Blackpearl
ObjectiveHow to install and configure K2 Blackpearl & Oracle 11g or 12g.
Before You Begin
- K2 blackpearl & Smartforms 4.7 (Installer)
- Oracle 11g or 12g (Installer)
- Java SDK (Installer)
- Sqldeveloper (Installer)
- Download and install – jdk-8u45-windows-x64.exe
- Download and extract "OracleXE112_Win64"
- Run setup.exe under "...OracleXE112_Win64DISK1"
- Click Next
- Agree to the Licence Agreement
- Click Next
- Select the location to install Oracle on the Server “C:oracleexe”
- Create a password for the Oracle Instance
- A summary of the installation of Oracle Install appears.
This takes between 10 -15 minutes depending on the environment.
- Download and extract the file "sqldeveloper-184.108.40.206.07-no-jre" from:
Run sqldeveloper.exe under "...sqldeveloper-220.127.116.11.07-no-jresqldeveloper"
Specify which Java JDK location was installed on your local environment. (Make a note of this when installing Java JDK.)
- When it has completed, the Oracle SQL Developer interface will appear.
When you create a new connection on Oracle, take note:
- The default Connection Name is “XE”
- The default Username is “system”
- The Password created in an earlier step.
To run a new Query:
- Go to the Main Screen and click on the XE instance. (Below is an example.)
- Create a new connection as the SYSTEM user with the password "k2pass" (as above).
Perform the following as the "SYSTEM" user:
- Create the user in Oracle by running this script:
CREATE USER K2_LAB
IDENTIFIED BY password
DEFAULT TABLESPACE USERS
TEMPORARY TABLESPACE TEMP
//----- Grant rights to the K2_LAB user -----
//----- Run these commands one by one -----
GRANT CREATE SESSION TO K2_LAB
GRANT CREATE ANY TABLE TO K2_LAB
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE TO K2_LAB
GRANT CREATE MATERIALIZED VIEW TO K2_LAB
GRANT CREATE PROCEDURE TO K2_LAB
- Create a new “Connection” using “K2_LAB” and “password:”
//----- Create tables
CREATE TABLE K2_LAB.YOURTABLENAME
ID INTEGER NOT NULL,
FirstName VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
LastName VARCHAR2(256 BYTE),
- Next you need to reconfigure the K2 Blackpearl component.
- Open the SmartObject tester Tool (C:Program Files (x86)K2 blackpearlBinSmartObject Service Tester.exe)
- Expand the ServiceObject Explorer and navigate to the Oracle Service instance. Right-click and select Register a new service Instance.
Next you need to add in the Connection String for Oracle:
Below is an example of how the Oracle Service Instance is configured - this is just with the Connection String added.
After configuring this, click Next and the service instance will be configured to create SmartObjects from Oracle.
A message appears that states: Service instance updated successfully.