Skip to main content

Hello All,

I have been making lots of small changes and testing my workflow with smartforms, my workflow was created using K2 studio and for some unknown reason it has randomly started displaying a blank error list after compiling the project.

15422iD944A9096F84A01C.png

I'm really stuck with this and I need to get my project back on track.

Any help I would be grateful

Kind regards,

Martin

Hi Dunny,

How big is your process? are you using very big HTML templates in your email events if you have?

I've seen this before, there is/are error(s) but K2 is not able to show them for some reason, Please open your process in VS and deploy from there to be able to see the errors.

Or

attach your process, let me have a look at it.

Hi Dunny,

Regarding to my previous post, we resolved this by breaking down our process into sub processes.

They are two very large workflows. 

Is there a log I can refer to?

The changes I have been making have only been small (line Rules, data transfer ) no new activities as such 

Hi Dunny,

Please try to run K2 service in console mode then deploy and check if it show any error there.

another suggestion, download the latest deployed process from the workspace, re-apply the changes you made then deploy. let me know if this resolves the issue.

It seems to be an underlyng issue with the line rules using a smartobject reference.

I downloaded a previous working one  and I deployed it straight away without making any changes and it worked.

added the line rules and it failed with the same issue.

Has this happened before?

Thanks,

Martin

Hi Dunny,

I'm not sure why the line rules are causing this issue, I am sure if you open the project in VS you'll be able to see the errors, this will help alot in tracking the issue.

or check the hostserver logs, you could find something helpful.

I would recommend to open a support ticket.

Hi,

I had the same issue when deploying a modified process in K2 Studio. A window poped up, but no errors or warning in it.

I opened the process in VS and start a debug what says "An expression is too long or complex to compile". So I went back to K2 Studio, checked all of my modified Client Events and tried to make some IF conditions shorter with using Data Fields.

After this I was able to deploy successfuly my process.

Is there any other way to see errors or logs? It seems to be a hit and miss affair at this stage as the manner in how I pick the fields make the project compile or not. Very frustrating