Skip to main content

environment
K2 Blackpearl 4.7
sharepoint online

It has been a long time since I have worked in K2, so please excuse my ignorance if I am missing something obvious here.

I am trying to use K2 Studio to create a document approval workflow that is triggered when a document is uploaded to a document library in sharepoint online.

I have created a new project and blank process in K2 Studio
From the "Process Wizards" section, I dragged "Sharepoint 2013" onto the process design canvas
I choose the site I want to connect to
In the "list or Library" drop down, I can only choose 1 list, and it is not the one that I want...

How do I get the other lists/libraries to show up?

I have tried the following:
- creating a smart object on the library
- refreshing the category in the object browser
- testing the smartobject with the testing tool
- crearing new projects/processes

nothing has worked.

Any ideas would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance for any assistance

Hi,

I am not sure what could cause this issue.

Do you experience the same behaviour in the designer?

Please try to run the registration wizard and reactivate the site collection.

Hi Mustafa,

Thanks very much for getting back to me.

In Designer, I can see all of the lists/libraries that have had K2 objects created on them.

I have re-run the registration wizard, reactivated the site collection, synchronised the groups, created a new site collection and tried everything again. I am getting the same result after trying all of these things.

Since k2 studio isn't working properly, I thought I would try to use the sharepoint app to create the process. I am able to generate the smartobjects, forms and workflow. I set the workflow to bet started manually, and have then added a single email activity to the process and deployed it. The deploy appears to be successful. When I then go back to the library, and use the context menu (K2 Workflows) for an item in the library to try to start a workflow, there are no items listed in the Start Workflow drop down box, so the workflow is unable to be started.

If I then go back to the library, and go to k2->Application, I am presented with the option to "Create a new workflow" or "Deploy Solution" - no list of items that ahve already been created on the library. If I recreate the smart objects, I am then shown the list of K2 objects that exist for the library. 

this is just totally bizarre, but since I am not getting any errors, I am not getting any clues as to where to look to solve the problem(s).

Anyone have any ideas??

Thanks in advance!

Anyone have any ideas on what would be causing this, or how to troubleshoot/resolve it?

This is pretty much preventing me from working with K2 at the moment, so any ideas/input would be appreciated!

Hi,

I have seen some odds stuffs when going to the library, and selecting K2->Application, it will presents with the option to "Create a new workflow" or "Deploy Solution" even if I have appified the K2 application on the library. There is a KB on this (http://help.k2.com/kb001792). As a test, can you change back to Classic SharePoint view and see if that will help?

Hi Khanh,

Thanks for getting back to me.

It doesn't really fill me with confidence when I hear that selecting k2->Application shows some odd stuff!! Is there another approach that I should be using?

I have switching back to Classic Sharepoint view, and it gives the same result.

the article does mention the following:

"Accessing the K2 artifacts page while using the new UI may indicate that there are no K2 artifacts associated with the list or library. If you create SmartObjects you will see the rest of your previously-created artifacts"

I have found this to be the case, however it doesn't seem ideal to be recreating the smart objects everytime I need to edit the workflow. Is there a fix pending that fixes this issue?

In addition, this comment is specifically talking about the new UI, but the problem persists in the Classic UI as well.

In any case, I was only trying to create the process from the library as a result of the original issue which I mentioned in my initial post - any ideas on how to solve the original issue of only some libraries showing up in K2 Studio?