Skip to main content

Is it possible to drag and drop file instead attaching? We have K2 Designer, version 4.7

Hello  @ingrida,

It is possible to use the drag and drop file instead of attaching. 

I have this link for you where a couple of people are throwing different suggestions on how to do it: 

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Drag-and-Drop-Upload-Control/ba-p/63942?nobounce

another one: https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-Appit-Articles/Drag-and-drop-attachment-control/ta-p/70146

Should you find the above information useful kindly mark as "Accepted Solution and/or Kudo", as this will assist other community members looking for related information.

Regards,
Beswick

pK2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Good day Ingrida,

Currently, there is not an file upload control that supports drag and drop out of the box. The only way would be to save the attachment to the file system and then the user would choose to add file from the file upload control and select the file in question.

There could be potential to create this functionality via a custom control, but that would be a custom development effort. 

You can also log a feature request for this functionality.

Kindly feel free to mark as “Accepted solution, kudo and/me too” if you find this information answered your question or leads to your answer.

Thank you and kind regards,

Dumisani

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.

Hi

Is not possible please see the link below

https://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Drag-and-Drop-Upload-Control/ba-p/63942?nobounce

Should you find the information from the article useful or leading you to the answer please mark as "Solution and/or Kudo", as it will assist other k2 developers with relevant information in the near future.

Best Regards

Elvis

pK2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member]

Hi Ingrid,

In addition to what  I have mentioned as for what would be involved in the development effort, that I am not 100% sure. There is a basic framework that you use to create smart forms controls, but outside of those specific items that pertain to smart forms the level of effort would depend on the functionality you are creating and the developer’s experience with standard web technologies like jquery, HTML 5, etc….

We can submit the feature request, but how long it would take for that feature to be implemented into the product I cannot comment on. We would need to talk to Product Management and see when they would plan on putting it on the development schedule.

Kindly feel free to mark as “Accepted solution, kudo and/me too” if you find this information answered your question or leads to your answer.

Thank you and kind regards,

Dumisani

K2 will not accept any liability for any issues arising from actions taken in respect of the information provided by any forum member.