Skip to main content

Hi All,

I am getting the below error when trying to  click ok after adding the rule on my smartforms, on the form level .

Select and configure an action.

Are you leaving the rule empty?

There are 2 things that you need to have for a valid smartforms rule, otherwise you won't be able to save it:

1. Event (e.g. When view is initalized)

2. Action (e.g. then transfer data)

Read the following for more information: https://help.k2.com/onlinehelp/k2smartforms/userguide/4.7/default.htm#SF_-_Rule_Designer_-_Rules_Wizard.html

Hi There,

The rule is not empty, it has been configured, when I click ok after configuring the rule, the wizard become blank and when I click it againn that is when it shows that error message. It is like my form doesn't not allow me to add any more rules.

The wizard becomes blank after clicking ok, please help.

You might have seen this in your other forum thread, but I will put it here as well.

Although it's not really common, there are times when the form definition size grows too large for it to pass through the network to the IIS server, and you'd get the blank wizard behaviour described.

The following article will help to maximize the limits so that this doesn't happen:

http://community.k2.com/t5/K2-blackpearl/Unable-to-save-changes-to-rule-configuration/ta-p/89920

Give it a try and see if that works, but at the same time also take note that if it does work, it would mean that your form might require some optimization as that would basically imply that your form definition is too large for its own good and would impact performance at runtime.

Hi Aggie

You could also try doing the following:

1) Exit the form/view

2) Check in the form/view

3) Clear your browser cache then close and open your browser

4) Open your browser again then navigate back to the view, check it out again

5) Go straight to where the rule needs to be added.

6) Add the same rule back into the rule canvas by clicking on the rule form the left hand pane, for it to be move to the right hand pane.

7) On the right hand pane, configure the rule accordingly (configure the rule on all the green text pieces).

8) Click "OK", do you still get the same issue?

If you still got the same issue then do the following:

9) Remove the rule causing the issue then add in a "show message rule" or a "transfer data" rule

10) Do not configure these rules, leave them as is, then click"OK", do you still get the same issue?

11) If you are still getting the same issue then I would suggest that you log a support ticket for a support engineer to investigate the issue.

Kind Regards

Raymond