Skip to main content

I have just recently performed an installation of K2 blackpearl on a standalone x64 server. During the Configuration Manager portion of the install, I am getting the following errors:

"1588","2008-06-22 11:37:33","Error","15","15002","ERROR","SourceCode.Reporting.Configuration.Config","15002 File c:program files (x86)k2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSiteWeb.config not found","anonymous","0.0.0.0","eps-appy2","1588","c1083a0558b7410187391bc331c89c1d",""
"1589","2008-06-22 11:37:33","Error","15","15002","ERROR","SourceCode.Reporting.Configuration.Config","15002 File c:program files (x86)k2 blackpearlWorkSpaceSiteWeb.config not found","anonymous","0.0.0.0","eps-appy2","1589","24a84ebe287e41d1b680d88916de4659",""

The Workspace folder is nowhere to be found. I am installing the Workspace in its own IIS website; I even took the extra step of creating the site after the first couple of times I got this failure.

Does anyone know why Workspace won't install, and is there a way I can go about overriding the install process to 'force' installation in order to configure/move on?

Thanks!

Actually, those errors are coming from the "K2 for Reporting Services" component.

And, they are a known bug (see http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/23954.aspx).

So, to verify, this server is supposed to have K2 Server, Workspace, and K2 for Reporting Services all on the same server?

Are you running the installation as an account with local administrator rights on the server?

Gail

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the info on the post -- I checked the Reporting Services component and it looks like all the reports installed successfully. The only thing I see missing from this install is the Workspace.

To answer your question, this is a standalone server install. The configuration app is being run by the administrator account.

Thanks!

Have you looked at the Installation Log?  The Configuration Log?

Usually at c:Program FilesK2 blackpearlConfigurationLog, there are 3 files:

• InstallReport.log - this give a very quick overview of what was/wasn't installed and why
  • K2 blackpearl]xxxx_1.log - this is the Configuration Log, and may show errors (I think you already checked this)
  • K2 blackpearl] Installxxxx_1.log - this is the Installation Log, and would show errors if it couldn't copy a file or something

I would look in the InstallReport.log, and see if there were any missing dependencies reported for Workspace.

Also, did you create the web site in IIS prior to the installation?

Gail