Skip to main content

Reading through the literature for K2 blackpearl and the Professional K2 blackpearl book, there are plenty of arguments for using blackpearl to enhance exisiting SharePoint installations. 

However can anyone provide an argument for using SharePoint with K2 blackpearl?  As best I can determine SharePoint isn't required for K2 blackpearl so I'm trying to find out what value-add SharePoint gives to a blackpearl deployment that wouldn't use SharePoint as a data source.  Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

some ideas... not complete 

• easy document management (storage, versioning, collaboration, permissions etc...)
  • workflow access interface
  • easy/no code forms creation (with Infopath)

Thanks Jan, I appreciate your comments. 

The workflow access interface via a web part is a good reason, however presumably a user could just as easily access the workflow information using Workspace?  As for developing no code solutions with InfoPath, can't that also be done with vanilla blackpearl?  Obviously delivering InfoPath forms via the browser requires MOSS but, in all honesty, I'd prefer ASP.NET forms to this option.  I don't know enough about blackpoint yet to ascertain if this is a more viable solution (and one that obviously requires SharePoint).

I'm not so much looking for a rationale for deploying SharePoint; more what SharePoint can do for a K2 blackpearl deployment.