Skip to main content

Dragging and/or adding actions in workflow designer does not work in Microsoft's new internet browser "Edge".  I understand Internet Explorer is the only supported browser, but I'd like to know when support for this browser is planned.  Thanks!

IE 11 is also available in Windows 10 ootb.  You can click the "More Actions" button at the top right of Edge and select "Open with Internet Explorer". While Nintex works to change the designer for Edge, I believe that it is up to Edge to make it's browser more user and site friendly. There are native SharePoint functions that are effected by this browser as well. Some functionality in SharePoint 2013 requires ActiveX controls. This produces limitations on browsers which do not support ActiveX. Currently only 32-bit versions of Internet Explorer support this functionality. There are many Microsoft Support articles and other blogs that acknowledge that Edge doesn't work well with their own products. Like Office 365​. Any silverlight controls, document management and credential saving are affected. Edge is also not currently on the SharePoint supported browser support list. But it does note that Internet Explorer 11 edge mode is not supported. Add sites to the Compatibility View list to make some features work. It may take for Microsoft to add Edge to the supported browser list before a Nintex update is provided, but I'm not on the product team to know about the roadmap there. Also, Chrome does will with Office365 and nintex! But on premise it is best to just use IE.

Hey Corey,

We plan to support Edge early in the new year. however there are no dates for release yet.

Any update on this ETA?

re: When will Edge be a supported browser for designing workflows?

Good afternnon  Andrew , I have seen the 2015 that you post. Thank you. Is there any  new solution  after your last  post(2015) . 

Thanks

Sosenae