Skip to main content

When I create a project, save it, close it, and open it back up again I get this error.  I have found some asp.net references to this but nothing that helps with the k2 designer.  Anyone have any ideas?

I have seen reports of this error a couple of times.  Unfortunately, I have not seen a solid resolution to it.

As far as I can tell, it could be related to Adobe CS, Vista SP1, XP SP3, or .NET versions. 

I had a customer getting this error, and it was isolated to his machine.  This was a Vista SP1 tablet PC, and they could not reproduce the error on any other systems (they only had 1 system of this model/OS combination).

What are the details of the system where you are seeing this error:  OS, Service Pack level, VS version(s) installed, .NET versions installed?

I am still troubleshooting, but this is what I have found out so far.

If I create  a new process.  Drag the default event save and open, everthing is fine.

But as soon as I drag an email event or a server event and save and close the process, the designer breaks.  I can see the xml code.  So I am thinking that it has something to do with the .net version or service packs.   I hope it's not a XP SP3 error!  That would ruin my day. 

I hope it isn't XP SP3 either!

So, what versions of Visual Studio are installed on your system, and what versions of .NET (including service packs)?

The real kicker is, we have K2 installed on three (3) computers and all three (3) have the same problem.  Triyng one more thing before I uninstall XP Service Pack 3.

I just uninstalled everything visual studio and .net.  Going to install form scratch to see if it's not a service pack in .net or something.

K2 for Visual Studio Prerequisites one of them is no longer available.

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=F54F5537-CC86-4BF5-AE44-F5A1E805680D&displaylang=en

Even the links on Microsofts page for Visual Studio 2005 Extensions are broken.  I don't know if this matters.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windowsvista/aa904955.aspx

I just applied the k2 blackperl SP1 that was just released today and everything works just fine.

Just a very minor correction to avoid any confusion for other readers:

K2 blackpearl 0807 (not SP1) was just released.  SP1 was released awhile ago.