Skip to main content
What about integration of Black Pearl with Visual Studio .Net 2008 ? Is it now supported ?
Not yet, I think support to VS.NET 2008 will be available with the next release 0807.

Thank you.

Version 0807 should have been released in July 2008, no? What is the currency planified date?

According to the labs, second half of september.

I believe Visual Studio 2008 support won't be until Service Pack 2.

VS 2008 doesn't seem to be supported in the just released beta 0807...

On my projet, we have to switch between Visual Studio 2005 for K2 and Visual Studio 2008 for stuff using 3.5 like WCF. Since this is actually the same project, sharing the same libraries, this is not comfortable at all.

I am surprised that K2 who pretend to work closely with Redmond labs still not support the current Microsoft  IDE..

Hi

Do you have any idea when SP2 is planned for realease?

no, i understand nothing in the K2's releases roadmap... Version 0807 is not yet realeased!

Johnny  writes some infos about the beta on his blog but I see no official communication about roadmap.

0807 is targeted early next month.  This of course is dependant on final QA testing.

For SP2, the plan is sometime H1 09 next year.  The timeline is not exact as SP2 introduces a big chunk of new features plus enhancements.

The introduction of VS2008 support in SP2 also means that the entire dev platform for the internal labs team needs to be moved to VS2008 as well.  So this isn't a small thing.

Does anyone know the latest about K2 integration with Visual Studio 2008 ?

Sorry the information there is slightly outdated.

There is a new 0807v3.0 installer which contains all fixes and improvements till KB000450.  This new installer also works on Windows 2008, SQL Server 2008 and SSRS 2008.

VS2008 support is currently slated for the upcoming 090x release.  Currently 090x is in beta.  If you are interested to test it out, you can download it from the betas section if you are an existing customer or partner.  If you can't see the beta section, send a support ticket request to request for it.  If the 090x QA cycle goes as planned, we should expect to see it sometime in Q4.