Skip to main content
Hi,

I've installed K2.net 2003 SP4 on Vista RC2.
I only installed K2.net Studio and Service Manager.
All worked.

The installer will probably not pick up that IIS 7 is installed, so the workspace components will not be available.
However, Vista is a client operating system, so this will not be a problem.

Will do some more testing, but it works with this install.

Regards,

JohanL
with the release of Vista on the horizon, has anyone had any experience of using K2 Studio with it?

K2 support, have you guys done any testing or do you have any information on compatibility?

i'm hoping to get it installed on my Vista RC2 build in the next couple of days when i get chance & will report back my results
How about IE7 and VS2005 SP1 beta (release should be out in 2-3 months)?
i haven't installed K2 studio/service manager on Vista yet but i've been using IE7 for the past week with no problems regarding the workspace so far
just tried installing K2 SP4 on my Vista build and it is failing during installation with:

Error 1606.Could not access network location %SystemDrive%inetpubwwwroot.

anyone had any success with the final release of Vista?

K2 Support guys, have you tried this yet?

thanks,

Wes

UPDATE: it appears to be a problem with the %SystemDrive% not being an environment variable or something. i tried creating an environment variable called 'SystemDrive' with a value of 'C:' but that didn't work. I then tried amending the registry key value of 'HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftInetStpPathWWWRoot' from '%SystemDrive%inetpubwwwroot' to 'C:inetpubwwwroot' and this allowed the installation to complete successfully.

I found this resolution afer googling a few things & it turns out that Infragistics had the same problem http://devcenter.infragistics.com/Support/KnowledgeBaseArticle.aspx?ArticleID=9983