Skip to main content
Hi,

I am receiving the following error: User: Domain NameUserName User cannot be found. I receive this error in the K2.net Service Manager Error log.

I am using Desintation Queues and AD Groups. The project is an InfoPath/WSS project. The WSS sites are using the same AD group permissions as my Destination Queues.

Any thoughts?

Thanks,

~Brian
Hi Brian,

The user listed in the error, is it the Destination User or the K2.net 2003 Server startup account? Also what is the error logged in K2.net Service Manager under error profiles? If you add the user separately in SPS does it resolve the issue?
I have verified the workaround to add all users of the process individually to the SharePoint site. The way SharePoint permissions work, you need to add all users explicitly (individulally) to the Portal, Top Site Collection and any sub sites above and including the site that hosts the InfoPath Library.
Is my assumption correct by saying all is working fine now?
Thanks for your reply RĂ©nier,

Yes, this is a temporary fix, and it worked for me.

For K2 to recognize users, I added all users of the process explicitly to all SharePoint sites starting with the portal, Top Site Collection, and all respective sub sites including the site that hosts the forms library. This corrected the issue, but should be deemed as a temporary fix until a resolution is found. At this point, any user changes to the process will need to be managed on all respective sites for each process. As processes are added and users change roles, terminate or new hires are added, this work around is an administrator s headache.
Hi Brian,

Thank you for the feedback.

I'm no expert in Sharepoint integration, but the way I understand it, is that we need a UserID from Sharepoint in order to correctly identify the user we are working with. The only way to get a UserID is to explicity assign rights to individual users. When rights are assigned by groups, Sharepoint does not send back a UserID.

I see you have submitted a support request in this reqard and I'm sure it will be taken to our Labs team for consideration.

Best Regards,
Ockert
Hello,

I'm getting the same error in K2.net 2003 Service Manager: "User: DOMAINE NAMEUsername User cannot be found.".

This error happens after a Smarform submission at the initial request activity of a process. The user which can't be found is the destination user of the next activity. If I manually change the username, some of them work and some of them don't.

All users tested and not functioning do exist in AD (using the K2.Net 2003 Service Manager user search) and also have a valid email address's(tested by sending a test email from Outlook).

Anyone have any clue?

Thanks,