Taking a photo and attaching it to a SharePoint item

• 25 September 2019
  • 1 reply

Badge +1

Hi I am currently trying to build a Visitor Sign-In form for our office that enables a user to take a picture of themselves with the Nintex Mobile App and then attach that to a SharePoint item. From what I understand, the 'File Upload' control allows users to take a photo, but the output of this is a collection, even if I set it to allow a maximum of 1 file. This means that I cannot attach this to a SharePoint item as it is not treated as a file, but a collection. From what I can tell, I can't do any transforming of the type to a file using rules or variables either. Any ideas?

1 reply

Badge +1

I actually solved the above issue. I just had to use a collection operation to grab the first item of the collection and map that to a file variable.
Another issue I'm having though is that when the user clicks 'Select files' and then 'Take Photo' in the file attachment control for iOS, it automatically brings up the rear facing camera. I can't imagine many forms requiring the rear facing camera, so it would be amazing if the default was changed to the front-facing camera. Is this possible @nintex ?