Skip to main content

Hello,

I am to design some reports with report designer but I realized there is no sorting option anywhere. I mean final report has features like grouping but no supportingç Am  I missing something or that is really not supported ?

Hi,

When you view the report you will hve the option to sort on a specific field by clicking on the header.

Unfortunately you do not have the option for a default sorting field. 

Kind Regards,

Gert

Hello, thanks for the reply but I don't see such a thing in reports. The report headers are not clickable at all so no way of sorting I can see. Are you positive that you can click to headers ?

OK I see what you mean. Unfortunately in the current release of K2 blackpearl it is not possible and has been logged to be added in a future release.

I would suggest that you do the following as a workaround if possible:

• Publish your report to SSRS
  • Open the published report in VIsual Studio > Right click on the field you wish to make sortable > Select the interactive sort tab > Enable the sorting and select the field you are sorting on from the Sort Expression dropdown.
  • Now deploy the Report

Note that if you wish to view this report from workspace you would need to select the "Import from Reporting Services" option on the Reports landing page.

Kind Regards,

Gert

Comment was in 2009..

Does any body has any idea if its implemented now? Specially when you need to sort on data which doesn't need to be displayed?