Skip to main content

When a task is put into sleep mode either with the Relative or Absolute Time options, are there no means to awake the task manually by overriding the current time period for the sleep of the task via K2Workspace, i.e OOTB?

I might sleep the task for 10 minutes, then await some feedback from another user/external party as I need some input to complete a task, but do not wish to keep the task in my worklist active because of depending on the input. Then when I do receive the input (discussion, document, etc), I would like to awake the task, and complete it accordingly. 

It does not seem to be possible to awake a task manually in Workspace, i.e immediately thus overriding the time period assigned to it when put into sleep mode. Is there no means to awake a task immediately?

Since I use InfoPath for client events, I thought of using the K2 API and exposing a web service method to awake the task manually. Thus giving the user a button on the form that will execute the web service call. Could this be a possible solution? How would I get the current worklistitem serial info in order to know which task to awake?

Be the first to reply!