Skip to main content

Hi,

We are developing 2 – Level approval workflow with InfoPath form and the InfoPath form has formed has “Summary View” (Its does not InfoPath Client event) that contains Business Data of requestor.

We would send summary view link to requestor and other users to track their order.

How can I achieve this?

Thanks 

Jayaprakash N M 

Hi, If i am clear with ur question i can suggest u to take an infopath client event in an activity and provide the Summary View of the infopath in the client event wizard.

If u are not clear,plz reply me in detail.

Thanks for Prompt reply.

As I mentioned, our process is 2 –level approval and InfoPath form has 3 views

Request View – To submit the request

Approval 1 View – Level 1 approval

Approval 2 View - level 2 approvals

Summary View - It contains the Audit history, Request Information, Approval information

Once the Requestor submits the workflow using the Request View, complete department gets notification mail with Summary View Url. So that they can track the request at any time by opening clicking the link until the workflow is completed.

As per your suggestion, I did not find any place to create a Client event and how to fetch the InfoPath form url form K2 and show the Summary View.?

HI r u using K2blackpearl, if so, take a infopath integration process wizard onto k2designer and add ur infopath form in that, then take a infopath client event wizard(shown in Toolbox of k2designer) and locate Request View which will be found in Client Event View Dropdown list shown in image. Check the checkbox for Event Notification settings (to send a notification includes view URL to destination user) -> Configure ur Actions -> Provide Destination Users from K2ObjectBrowser-> Click Next. It COmpletes the Infopath Client event. U can have any no. of client event wizards according to ur requirement.
14003i8390A02564E16550.bmp

We have configured client events for Requestor to Submit, Approver 1 and Approver 2 to Approve or Decline. So that User takes the action based on the action field.

But my requirement is we should be able to send the url of the summary view to all users after user submits the Request. This summary view can be used to track the request until completion of workflow. i.e user does not have to take any action on this view.

Hope you could understand my requirement

You can use the following event template to switch InfoPath views:

http://www.k2underground.com/k2/ProjectHome.aspx?ProjectID=41 

hi,

I assume u want everyone in the department to view the request submitted, but u don want to configure that as client event since you dont want everyone to action on the item.

If your purpose is as above, archive the form in a document library after the requestor submission and give the link of the particular item to all the members of the department. Update the document as and when there has been a change by any of the approvers.

Hi Maxpirate,

Existing system is achieving active InfoPath forms with Meta data into MOSS library. But when K2 is trying to upload the form in to MOSS at each activity level, most of times it’s giving time out errors, its is causing  lots issues to business user.

We should be able to retrieve the active InfoPath form K2 database, so that we can avoid time out error.

If this option is not available in K2 black pearl, I would request K2 to provide as OOB. Because users wants to see the request form after they submitted

Thanks

JayaPrakash N M

Hi

i have uploaded documents to sharepoint sites for archiving using the Sharepoint documents events and till now it has worked fine and i never had trouble with that. But since u need a specific view on archive. Change the view of the form using change infopath view event available in blackmarket and then add the document to sharepoint site. then give the appropriate url to the audiences. It should work without any issues.