Skip to main content

I am using Blackpearl sp1

I am trying to evaluate K2 blackpearl, and have created a simple workflow which is integrated with a Sharepoint document library.
The workflow is started manually, and basically gets approval of a document, from 3 people in parallel, and then a manager if all 3 of the initial people approve the document.

I find that when the task is sent to the recipients, they recieve an email, and yet when I look at the task list in Sharpoint, the task is not assigned to anyone - the Assigned To field is blank.

Can anyone tell me what is going wrong here? Is there something I need to do?

To ensure that I haven't missed something, here are the steps that I have taken in creating each task:
* Create a new Project
* Add the Sharepoint Workflow Integration process wizard to the process and configure. All tests work to the servers.
* Add a Sharepoint Workflow Integration Client to the workflow, and configure it, setting the desination user to a user that is selected by browsing using the Context Browser, Selecting the User Browser Tab, expanding Users, expanding K2, and selecting my domain user account (I have also set this to be the process originator, and it still doesn't assign the task properly)
* Project deploys correctly, and I can start the workflow. I get the emails, however the task is not assigned to anyone in Sharepoint.

If I look at the workflow status for the document, it displays the following:
"A new task has been created for K2 Users", and the task is created, but the assigned to field is not set on the task

I look forward to any assistance that anyone can offer here.

Thanks in advance

Hi arduk,

this is likely to be down to the way you have configured your destination rules, check out an entry on my blog

http://blog.mgallen.com/?p=123

which explains how to get to the advanced configuration of the destination rule and where to find the 'destination user' properties.

Martin

Hi Martin,

Thanks very much for taking the time to get back to me!

Your blog entry is great, and appears to have sorted out the problem - do you know if this is mentioned anywhere in the help or tutorials - so far I haven't come across it...most unhelpful...

Anyhow, thanks again for taking the time to reply - I can now stop beating my head against the wall wondering what I was doing wrong.

Hi arduk,

I'm glad that the blog entry was the fix for your particular issue. As far as I know the tutorials and help do imply that you need to configure the destination rules to ensure that only one physical user has the task, if you don't configure them (leave them default) the workflow assumes that more than one person can action the task, in my understanding of things.

It might be worth asking for the next tutorials to be more explicit on the use of destination rules in the feature request pages of the K2 [blackpearl] forums.

Martin

Thanks

I would really appretiate your posting..

Thanks a million times. I was in the same boat for quite a long time. This really helped me..

Regards

Ankur