Skip to main content

Hello,

I am working with Nintex Forms on premise SharePoint 2013. I am creating a form that has Rich textboxes. When I click on the Font Type or Font Size icon the context menu displays behind the textbox therefore most of the menu is not visible to the user. Has anyone ran into this issue and is there a work around for moving the context menu to the front.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Hi Michael,

the screenshot shows the classic rich text designer. The modern rich text designer is using the ribbon for formatting. Has your site been migrated from an older version of SharePoint and not yet been upgraded to SharePoint 2013 look & feel? If migrated the result should be looking somehow like this:

214599_pastedImage_1.png

If you're still running in SharePoint 2010 mode it might be helpful to check if the backward compatibility features are enabled on your site. Even if they are I'm not really sure until which version of Internet Explorer the old design is still supported. In this case I'd suggest you open a Ticket at Nintex. They can check if the constellation should work or what needs to be done.

Best regards

Enrico

Enrico,

Thank you for your response, it was very helpful. The "Rich text" selection must be the old way to display rich text, which does not work well and is probably there for compatibility reasons. The "Enhanced rich text" moves everything to the ribbon.

I didn't really want users to add pictures etc. to the textbox, so I didn't make the enhanced selection at first. It looks like I will just have to deal with the pictures and tables on the backend workflow on the way to the database.

Mike