Skip to main content

Hi,

I'm realizing a workflow with Nintex Workflow and I have to customize also the task forms.

My form layout is very easy: I've changed the logo and removed all displayed item properties, leaving only the Outcome, Comments field and the link to the workflow status.

I've added only a label with a brief description of the task and two lines of javascript to set a default value for the Outcome field.

Only default layouts (Desktop, Smartphone and iPad) have been realized, Smartphone and iPad with a replace from the Desktop layout.

I've been very surprised when I've tried to export the form: it has grown up to 1,11 Mb..

I have 5 tasks in my workflow and because of this my workflow size is considerable more bigger than 500 Kb, so it doesn't respect best practices guidelines for workflows..

Do you know why my forms are so big? Do you have any best practices when designing a task form?

Thanks

Giacomo

‌ how did you approach this in the end?

Hello there,

Nothing to fear - the form size included on task does not apply to the size limit.   The size limit excludes the form XML.  

Reference the comments section here:  

Thanks,
Mike

Hi ‌,

thank you for the link, I haven't checked the comments in the thread you've linked..it's very interesting and makes me more confident about similar situation..however, knowing that forms cause a growth in nwf file, is there a way to know how big is REALLY a workflow? I don't want to remove each forms every time I want to check workflow size..

‌, unfortunately I haven't had any progress since Mike has posted that link..