Skip to main content

I am adjusting current workflow to add conditions within "Run if". Workflow not going through approval path correclty in document library. Starts with Run if,  approval status = Pending; and Checked out to is empty. I would like a secondary condition set. not sure to use run if, set condition, or filter, but have tried them all.

Scenario: after workflow kicks off, would like to set a condition if Field 1 = a, b c or d, then send to left approval workflow, if not send to right. Even narrowed down the condition to one choice within parallel actions and workflow is flowing through all options even through this is not the equal value. Seems to be a flaw.

Any suggestions.

@jeannie_vargas Thanks for posting your question. Do you mind exporting your workflow and sharing it with me? Or do you want to hop on a quick zoom meeting to look at it. I'm sure it may be something simple to get you going.

It seems as though some criteria within the document is off, therefore not allow the workflow to apply things correctly. Also, there could be a conflict within that as well. 

@eharris04 I would prefer a zoom meeting. I have made several adjustments to this, and tested and would like to have a direct review of the setup.

The issue was resolved by using a straight forward method. "Set a condition" within the setup item "contains" vs 'equals" allowed the criteria to work best.