Skip to main content

Hi all,

Is it possible to create more than one instance of the SmartBox service? Say you want more than one on different SQL servers or more than one for application isolation?

Is this possible? It seems from the SmartBroker architecture that one should be able to, but I've been unable to get this done with success.

Regards.

It should be "possible" as I was able to create multiple AD service instances to support a client that had multiple AD domains for users.  It is supported by the architecture.  Guess you would have a create a new instance of the SmartBox DB using your existing one...

Thanks Jason,

I tried that and at first glance it seems to work but when you create a SmartObject and auto-add the SmartBox methods, they automatically point to the SmartBox service instance and you cannot change them to your own instance of the SmartBox... so the short answer to my question is no.

Merry xmas,
Gabriel 

Interesting - so you have two SmartObject Service Instances set up in the K2 Workspace (one pointing to DB1 and two pointing to DB2)?
Yup. But like I said, can´t use the second instance as the SO designer by default always point to the real SB instance by default.