Skip to main content

Does anyone know how to remove k2 processes from the management console ? K2 BP related Thanks

Unfortunately this is not possible in SP1.  You can use cleanup scripts (I've only heard of them, but haven't used them), but these are unsupported.  Removing processes is planned in a future release.

it's worth noting that the reason K2 has provided no support for the deletion of deployed process definitions through the UI (user interface) in both K2.net 2003 and blackpearl is to prevent potential loss of revenue and malfunction of critical business operations for customers using K2 to drive their business and backoffice operations.

forcing customers to use deletion scripts puts enough of a barrier in between the average user and disaster to force some discussion about the issue.

note that some customers have created their own UIs for advanced management of K2-powered systems using our APIs.

Please let me, as a system administrator, be the judge on when I can and need to delete a process!

I totally agree. Moreover, if a process definition is deleted, considering your developers certainly won't delete the source files (and that your system admin won't delete the deployment package), you can always have it re-deployed. As long as process definition deletion is not log deletion, there's nothing irreparable.