List value is different than form value

Badge +1

Has anyone seen a situation where the a field in the nintex list display one value, but when you open the list item in the form, it shows another value. I have a drop down called "Status" that is disabled and updated via the work flow. I ran the work flow and when I view the item in the list is reflects the value I am antipcipating, but the once I open the item in the form (view or edit mode), the value displays as something different.   

I have attached a screen shot of both views. The top is the list, and bottom is the form.  The field called Form Control number is unquie id, so this confirms I am looking at the same item. 

2 replies

Badge +8

Is it just a choice control? If you're controlling it outside of the item form but inside the workflow, I would suggest changing it from a choice control. Choice controls should be for when a person has a choice, right? 

Make a calculated value field. Open the controls properties, and then open up the formula builder. Double click the Named Control you want to display(Status). 

Close the formula builder, set options "recalculate on view mode" to Yes. Now, when the field is updated outside of the item (like by the workflow, or in List Edit mode) it will update as soon as you view the item.

Badge +1

Thanks for the reply.  I will save this for future reference. I just figured out my issue. The field I am trying to set is a choice field. I found that the value was I setting in my work flow was did not match any of the value listed in choice. Once corrected work flow to match a value in the choice options it worked.