Skip to main content
I have a question: I updated the InfoPath form and published it to the SharePoint server, after that I open the K2 workflow, but I don t see the changes(new fields) I added to the InfoPath form in the InfoPath Schema of the process XML field.

How to link the workflow to the newer version of InfoPath?

Thanks
Linda
Hi coenw,

after publishing your updated InfoPath you need to make your workflow process also aware that there is a new template out.
Open you workflow, right click somewhere on an empty area of your process. From the dropdown list select "Update Document Setting", run through the wizard and after that export your process again to you K2.net Server. There is no problem with running different version of one process together.

BTW: If you want to check which version is currently running you can check this in the K2 Service Manager, click on your process and select versions.

One thing you need to take care off: Do not publish your update InfoPath template over the old version, like this the currently running process instances cannot be used anymore. If I am wrong please correct me someone.
Thanks.
I think you mean don't overwrite current versions when publishing newer versions.

I tried this and I saw the changes in the k2 workflow.

But when I openned the new version of InfoPath form, a messasage pops up "Your form does not have control of some controls...do you want to continue?". If I click "Yes", a message pops up "Not permitted to access web service.", if I click "No", all the web services linked to the InfoPath form stops working.

The projects I am working on don't get published to the SharedPoint from the InfoPath form program, it uses nant script...
Hi again,

hmm never had this message, but I also haven't worked with sharepoint yet. May be try to rerun the data connection wizard of you InfoPath template to refresh the settings to your web services, publish it new and follow the procedure in your workflow I described.