Skip to main content

I am having issues with successfully configuring the Lazy Approval...

I have followed the LazyApproval Guide and ensured the required services are running on the front-end server (Incoming E-Mail, Web Application & SMTP). I also followed the guide to install & configure SMTP service (SMTP Virtual Server & SMTP Service are now running).

One part that is confusing me is the 'reply to' Email Alias. If I enter an account that has a mailbox, when I reply to the approval email it simply goes to to that mailbox (the reply with phrase word 'approve'). However if I enter an alias reply address that does not have a mailbox I receive an undeliverable autoreply.

Should the email alias set in Lazy Approval settings be a real exchange email account with mailbox?

Any tips would be great thanks!

Stu

Anybody able to help? (Should the Lazy Approval alias be an exchange account with mailbox? if not, what should it be?) Thanks!

After further digging, it appears that Lazy Approval (incoming emails) do not work with custom lists. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone had similar issues?

Thanks

this shouldn't be the case.  My admins aren't on here but I will see if they can help.

Morning all,

I am one of Cassy's admins, with regard to your question around Lazy approval alias, as long as the email address specified for the Lazy Approval alias matches the "Reply To" address in "Nintex Workflow Management > Global settings", there is no reason why this should not work. That is how we have our LA configured across our different farms, and all works as expected.

I suspect this may also clear up the issue with custom lists, as I don't believe we have experienced this issue in our farms.

Cassy, can you confirm the above please?

Thanks and regards