Skip to main content
Hi

This post is just to provide some information on the K2DocAttachment Control and the Microsoft IE WebControls.

The K2DocAttachment control uses the Microsoft IE Web Controls to build its tree view of the SharePoint Portal Sites and Document Libraries. So if the tree view does not render properly check the following:

1) Make sure that the Microsoft IE Web Controls is installed, it does install with the K2.net installation but just ensure that it did install properly.

2) The IE Web Controls creates a directory Inetpubwwwrootwebctrl_client. This directory contains the pictures and scripts to render the IE controls. If you move your K2.net SmartForms solution to another site or plan to do a K2.net SmartForms solution on another site, you have to copy the webctrl_client directory to the new site directory as well, otherwise the K2DocAttachment control's tree view will not be rendered.

For more information about the IE Web Controls go have a look here: http://www.asp.net/ControlGallery/default.aspx?Category=38&tabindex=2

Hope this helps resolve some problems you might be having.

Cheers
I checked and the Microsoft IE WebControls are not installed. What should I do?
Did you install the K2.net 2003 SmartForm components on you machine?
Thank you, Renier and Jacov, with your help I was able to fix it. I noticed that instead of a webctrl_client folder, I have an aspnet_client folder, but was missing the needed files in that folder. I then followed your advice, Renier, and installed the SmartForm components on my machine. I previously thought that the SmartForm components piece in the install was only for design time, so I did not install it on my server running K2 Server. After a bit more tinkering, I got everything to work. Thanks, again!
When you say "Did you install the K2.net 2003 SmartForm components on you machine?", which machine are we talking about? The machine used to design the forms or the one that will host the forms (most likely a Windows server)?

Thanks,