Skip to main content

Hi there,

I am trying to use K2.net with InfoPath 2003 & Sharepoint 2007 but receive the message "The K2.net SharePoint Server Web Service components are not installed on the SharePoint Server".

I have tried installing sp2a, 3 & 4 with and without the additional components, but the option to install this component is not in the list.

I also have a 2003 SharePoint server that I was using and this option appears in the list there, but not on the 2007 server.

Any suggestions would be very welcome, many thanks.

This is an issue with the installer that occurs occasionally. To address this issue, you will need to edit the ProductCodex.XML file in the Hotfix install package.

1. Do a search for GetInstalledPrograms application on google and then run the GetInstalledPrograms application on your SPS server, and search for "Sharepoint" to obtain the GUIDs for WSS and SPS.

2. Edit the following lines in ProductCodes.xml to replace the GUIDs with the ones returned by the application.

<product category="SPS" name="Microsoft Office SharePoint Portal Server 2003" code="{610F491D-BE5F-4ED1-A0F7-759D40C7622E}"/>
<product category="SPS" name="Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 2.0" code="{91140409-7000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}"/>

3. Re-run the setup.exe and you should be able to install the Hotfix.

If you have difficulty finding the GetInstalledPrograms application let me know and I'll email it to you.

I am officially a happy man.

Thank you very much for your assistance, that worked a treat.