Skip to main content

Does anyone know where the resource files are to customize the K2 Task Pane that InfoPath Integration supports in Blackpearl and/or how to do this? There are several posts here, but they all relate to K2 2003. I've tried everything I can think of:

1)  Searched the K2 installation folder for IP resources... nothing...

2) Designed the Integrated form > Form Options > Programming > removed the "task pane_new.htm" and replaced with my own. Saved. But every time I click finish in the IP Integration Wizard K2 just replaces my mods with the original default K2 versions of the resource files. Arg.

Where is K2 pulling these resources from to embed them in the forms? It's particularly aggravating because there are some useful <div>s already there (like View Flow) that *could* show up in the IP task pane, but they're currently hidden. A couple tweaks and that task pane could really be a valuable tool throughout the IP workflows.

Ideas anyone? Thanks! 

Did you ever get a resolution to this problem ?   I am having the same issue,  I need to use my own stuff in the task pane..
Nope. Sorry. I gave up on it and never heard a solution (if there is one). Maybe you'll have more success?

You can make a copy of taskpane.htm or taskpane_new.htm located in ‘C:Documents and Settings<CURRENT USER>Application DataSourceCode.Workflow.InfoPath.TempIPResourceFiles’ and modify it to suit your needs. 

Then you can add the file to the Resources from the Tools menu.  You can enable it for use as the custom task pane by selecting it from the Form Options -> Programming menu option.

I recommend that you only modify the IP template from the VS designer.

HTH

icon-quote.gifkuroi_neko:
You can make a copy of taskpane.htm or taskpane_new.htm located in ‘C:Documents and Settings<CURRENT USER>Application DataSourceCode.Workflow.InfoPath.TempIPResourceFiles’ and modify it to suit your needs. 

Then you can add the file to the Resources from the Tools menu.  You can enable it for use as the custom task pane by selecting it from the Form Options -> Programming menu option.

I recommend that you only modify the IP template from the VS designer.

HTH

I already tried many variations on this around the time of my original post and it does not work. All customizations and modifications are reset by the deploy process. Whenever a custom task pane has been specified in the InfoPath Event wizard, and the process is deployed, the actual task pane used by the deployed process is reset to the default one included. No attempts to get a custom task pane deployed ever worked for me.