Skip to main content

Hi,

Is there any white paper or reference implementation on how to configure k2 blackpearl for a internet web application??

Hi MaxPirate,

What do you need exactly? because, using K2 into a .net web application is something quite native/standard :-)

From my humble knowledge in k2; i think there is a license for using k2 over internet.

It is also illegal for the developers to enhance the k2 so that it can be used over internet.

Jan,

I was wondering how k2 blackpearl would span out if it were used for an internet facing web application. I have used k2 to integrate with my intranet web applications. But if it was an internet application which anyone could use how do i need to configure my k2. Because in intranet apps the AD is a virtual crux of the blackpearl.

Bashar,

Thanks for pointer. I never knew that.

Hi,

as Bashar said, you can contact your regional K2 support to obtain more details on a K2 license for extranet application.

In a technical point of view, K2 provides an integration for AD people, but it's not the only way to be referenced in K2 server... you can too use your own authentication provider to check the user authentication on an external system (other LDAP directory, own database...) or you can use the K2 SQL UM component to declare "external" users in a K2 specific database.

HTH

Thanks Jean