Skip to main content

Hi guys!!

I installed k2 blackpearl in a windows server 2003 enviro and all necessary prereqs. The problem I have is when trying to open up k2workspace, it keeps asking to enter username and password? I dont think that is supposed to happen. Secondly when I finally get to the workspace page, all that is displayed is the k2workspace header image and the current logged-in user which happens to be the correct user.

Can anyone assist?

Thanks!!!

Hello Furion,

It seems like you are having some issues with Kerberos.  If this is a distributed environment you will definitely need to configure kerberos.  Please look at the whitepaper called Security and Kerberos Authentication with K2 Servers (http://www.k2underground.com/files/folders/technical_product_documents/entry21001.aspx).  If you follow this it will assist you in moving through your authentication issues.  Also as for the tabs not showing up in workspace, it is possible that someone has added themselves to the securities group and is blocking out all other users from accessing workspace correctly.  Let me know if this could be the case and we can see what to do.

Cheers,

Jon

I would suggest making sure that Workspace is a trusted site in Internet Explorer for one. Running on Server 2003 has default security settings that will block active x, javascript, etc. Secondly you can change IE's security level to use the current logged on user credentials which will get rid of the prompt.

I just had a similar case with a customer. 

They had a single-server deployment.
They could open the workspace on the K2 server just fine.
If they tried to open workspace from any other machine, they got prompted for credentials.

In this case, since it was a single-server environment, Kerberos wasn't needed.  Adding the site to trusted sites didn't help. 

We set the NTAuthenticationProviders tag in IIS to be "NTLM" and it worked perfectly.

Cheers,

Gail