Skip to main content

Hi,

I have a doubt regarding the installation of the K2 for Reporting Services component.

I have set my Report Server in Sharepoint integration mode, so when running the configuration manager for K2 Reporting Services, it gives an error when deploying the datasources and the out-of-the-box reports.

The error is very explicit "The operation is not supported on a report server that is configured to run in SP integrated mode", which is understandable as datasources and reports should be managed through Moss and not directly in RS...

Has K2 any known issue with Report Server being in this mode? Do i need to run SQL Report Server in native mode instead?

Thanks!

See http://k2underground.com/forums/thread/20816.aspx for some background on this.

I believe, and others will correct me if i'm wrong, that K2 blackpearl] will only work with RS in SQL Native mode since there is no prerequisite for a MOSS install to enable the reports to work...

i've done some googling on the subject... looks like we need a K2 guy to confirm or deny my suspicions.

however... i don't think it would take much to get it to work in MOSS mode.

Martin

Hi,

Last January I attended a K2 course in London at the K2 office. I brought my own VPC with SSRS in integrated mode. During the course I tried to install K2BP on this image several times and every time SSRS was giving troubles.

The instructor confirmed to me that SSRS has to be installed in Native Mode. After I reconfigured SSRS, the K2BP installation was running well.

I ended up doing the same, using RS in native mode.

Thanks anyway guys.

Cheers

Hi guys,

The K2 Getting Started guide under Prerequisites for SSRS states that:

"You must be running Reporting Services in Native mode. K2 blackpearl does not
currently support SharePoint Integrated mode.
"