Skip to main content

Hi, everyone,

I am installing client components on my laptop and I select the "Connecting to an Existing Environment" which is actually on a different domain from my laptop's login. So the promblem is when I go to the next step of configure the "Host Server Database" and using "Windows authentication", and the test connection is failed.

So does anyone know if there is a way to connect to the host server and will it possible to setup the development environment under this scenario?

Thanks in advance.

I believe you need to follow the steps in the following artilce.

Please let us know if that works for you

http://kb.k2workflow.com/Articles/KB000182.aspx

I am on the step of installation procedures/Configuration manager where the HostServer has not created yet. I am actually trying to creating the HostServer on my physical machine and the Blackpearl is being install on a VM with sharepoint MOSS. The VM has its own domain and different from my physical machine.

is there anything I can try?

thanks .

I met exaclty the same problem,  the client is not in the same domain with K2 server ,  at the configure "Host Server Database" step during installing k2 for Visual Stuio,   if can't use the "Windows authentication", How can I use "SQL authentication " to connect the HostServer?  if need to create a new SQL account, but what database rights need to set for this new sql account? 

Thanks in  advance!

What is your Active Directory config? Are your domains in the same forest? Is there a 2-way trust relationship between your domains?

I had a similar environment few months ago and I had absolutely no problem playing with dev, test, and production environments (host servers) in domains different from my client PC with Visual Studio.